Minutes of the 1993 ABO Annual Business
San Francisco, CA
August 9, 1993
- The meeting was called to order. About 50 members
attended. Paul Munter reported on the healthy membership
- Larry Ponemon presented the financial report including
the financial statements. He then passed out the minutes
of the November 7, 1992, Executive Meeting in Dallas.
- Paul Munter presented a plaque to Ken Ferris who retired
from the BRIA editorship.
- Jake Birnberg talked about the editorial focus of BRIA
for the future.
- Seleshi Sisaye reported on the selections committee and
presented the ABO best dissertation award to Jane Kennedy
and a plaque to Robert Ashton for supervising.
- Gail Wright reported on the progress of the ABO Research
Conference planned for March 11-12, 1994, in San Antonio.
- Norman Macintosh and David Otley reported on the plans
for a 1995 joint EMCSG and ABO conference in England.
- Gary Mann reported on the 1993 AAA conference. Fifty good
papers were submitted and 15 were selected for 5
sessions, the most of any sections in AAA. This was an
increase from three last year.
- Kay Means reported on the regional activities including
the development of a regional coordinators role and
- Dennis Bline reported on the new Membership Directory.
Members are requested to include their teaching and
research interests. He passed out copies to those in
- Philip Siegel reported on the ABO Newsletter.
- Philip Siegel reported on the Working Paper Series.
- Norman Macintosh reported on the country liaison officers
meeting in Finland in April. Sixteen officers are
- Paul Munter reported on his experience as ABO chair. He
was particularly thankful for the support for the
section, given the personal problems he experienced with
the hurricane, not the least of which was having his
- Don Finn took over the chair and presented a plaque to
Paul Munter. He also announced the Executive Meeting for
October 16 in San Antonio.
- Larry Ponemon presented an award to Don Finn for
outstanding efforts as vice-chair.
- There being no further business, the meeting was
This page was last updated on May 16, 2000
Please send comments on the ABO Website to ABO Section Webmaster Charles_Davis@baylor.edu.