1996 Regional Meeting Paper Presentations
AAA Southeast Region
- "Work-Personal Life Balance Variables and Turnover
in Big 6 Public Accounting Firms, " Paula B. Thomas,
Middle Tennessee State University; Karen L. Hooks,
University of South Florida; William D. Stout, University
of South Florida.
- "A Gender-Based Comparison of the Influence of Work
Stressors and Stress Arousal on Job Dissatisfaction and
Turnover Intentions Among Public Accounting
Professionals," Kenneth J. Smith, Salisbury State
University; Barbara R. Stewart, Towson State University;
Jeannette A. Davy, Wright State University.
- "The Relationship Between Accountants'
Organizational Commitment and Professional Commitment: A
MetaAnalysis," John A. Brierley, University of
- "The Effect of an Individual Auditor's Commitment to
the Audit Client on Audit Results," Lorraine
McClenny Wright, North Carolina State University;
Clarence Coleman, Winthrop University; Hubert D. Glover,
Enterprise Advisory Services, Inc.
- "Using Attribution Analysis to Explain Performance
Evaluations, " Michael P. Bradley, Augusta College.
- "The Measurement of Latent Constructs in Behavioral
Tax Research: The Methodology and an Example of its Application," David Mason, East Carolina University.
- "An Examination of Contingent and Non-Contingent
Rewards in a Tax Compliance Experiment," Debra S.
Callihan, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University; Roxanne M. Spindle, Virginia Commonwealth
- "Mentoring For Tax Professionals: An Examination of
Stress During a CPA Firm Merger, " Philip H. Siegel,
Monmouth University; Joseph Hagan, East Carolina
- "Performance Evaluation and Compensation Issues in
Multinational Companies," Jessica Nicholson,
University of Toronto; Carolyn George, Campbell College;
Pamela Church, Rhodes College.
- "The Effect of Fairness Perceptions on Tax
Compliance by Individual Taxpayers," Kim Galligan
Key, University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
- "Judgments of Tax Structure Fairness and Tax
Compliance Behavior: A Test of Inequity Theory," G.
Thomas Turman, Old Dominion University.
- "Mentoring in Accounting Doctoral Programs: Someone
Help Me To Meet This Self-Imposed and Totally Unnecessary
Challenge, " Gary D. Burkette, East Tennessee State
University; Martha M. Pointer, East Tennessee State
- "The Budget-Related Behavior of United States,
Spanish and Chinese Business Managers," J. Ralph
Byington, Georgia Southern University; Gene H. Johnson,
Louisiana Tech University; Stanley Y. Chang, Arizona
State University-West Campus.
- "How German Bankers Perceive the Quality of
Auditors' Reports in Germany: An Empirical
Investigation," Hans J. Dykxhoorn, Western Michigan
University; Kathleen E. Sinning, Western Michigan
- "An Empirical Investigation of Why Auditors Often
Fail to Issue Going Concern Opinions for Bankrupt Finns
and How to Improve Auditors' Predictions of
Bankruptcy," Benjamin Foster, University of
Louisville; Terry Ward, Middle Tennessee State
- " Signaling and Optimal Demand for Insurance in the
New Equity Issues Market," Minwoo Lee, Western
Federation of Administrative Disciplines (SWFAD)
March 6-9, 1996
San Antonio, TX
- "Relationships Between Senior Auditor Behaviors and
Staff Auditor Time Budget Pressure, " Tim Kelley,
University of San Diego; Loren Margheim, University of
- "The Career Orientation of CPAs: An Empirical
Analysis, " J. Russell Hardin, Gardner-Webb
University; Morris H. Stocks, University of Mississippi;
0. Finley Graves, University of Mississippi.
- "An Analysis of the Impact of the Mentoring Process
on MAS Professionals During a CPA Firm's
Restructuring," Philip H. Siegel, Monmouth
University; John T. Rigsby, Mississippi State University;
J. David Spiceland, University of Memphis.
- "Video Simulation of an Audit: An Experiment in
Experiential Learning Theory, " Philip H. Siegel,
Monmouth University; Khursheed Omer, University of
Houston-Downtown; Surendra P. Agrawal, University of
- "The Auditor's Going Concern Modification as a
Self-fulfilling Prophecy: A Discrete-Time Survival
Analysis," Timothy J. Louwers, University of
Houston; Frank M. Messina, University of Alabama at
Birmingham; Michael D. Richard, Mississippi State