B L 3305
1. Tests are to be taken on the dates scheduled. There are no excused absences from tests except for illness which requires a physician's note, or death in the immediate family. If you fail to take a test when scheduled for either of these reasons, you must notify me before the test. No makeup tests will be given, but the next scheduled exam score will count double in order to replace the excused, missed test. If the final is used as the makeup test, the missed test will count only 20% of the grade instead of 35%. Unless three tests or finals are scheduled on the same day, students must take their examinations on the scheduled day and time. Students who have a learning disability may have thirty extra minutes to take a test or final examination. This extension is only permitted by those students having a certification from Shelia Houser, Director of the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation who may be contacted at 710-3605. This extension will be taken in my office after the regular testing period has been completed and at a time agreed upon by the student and me.
2. Changes for inadequate eraser marks on exams must be brought to my attention immediately after class on the day exams are returned to you.
3. No test is recorded until it has been reviewed in class and returned at the end of the class period. If a student fails to return a test before he/she leaves the classroom, a zero will automatically be given for that test. A student who returns a test with a page or pages missing will also receive an automatic zero.
4. Finals will not be posted and absolutely no phone calls should be made to my office to inquire about the final grade. A student may, however, give me a self-addressed, stamped envelope and I will mail it to the student with the final grade included as soon as possible. Because of security issues, I will not e-mail any grades to students.
CLASS PARTICIPATION: Class participation will constitute 5% of your grade and shall be determined by the following factors:
1. Attendance - University policy requires that you attend at least 75% of the classes to receive credit in the course. Attendance will be recorded at the beginning of class. If a student misses no more than three class periods, he/she will earn one point of class participation.
2. Promptness - A student who is late to class should check with the instructor immediately after class in order not be recorded as absent. Two tardy appearances will count as one absence.
3. Preparation and participation - Students are expected to read the chapter shown on the syllabus, complete the exercise for the assigned chapter in the study guide, answer questions in class, and participate in class discussions and exercises. Supplementary material will be furnished and it will be essential that you bring this material and your textbook to class. Homework exercises will be given periodically and will constitute four per cent of class participation. Homework must be turned in at the beginning of class unless arrangements have been made with me beforehand. The only excuses that will be accepted are for illness which requires a physician’s note, or death in the immediate family. Homework may also involve collaboration with other students but each student must compose his own, original answers.
OFFICE HOURS: Office hours must be strictly observed and these hours will be posted on the directory in the waiting area of the Accounting and Business Law Department. An appointment may be scheduled, however, if a student cannot come during these hours. Please do not telephone me at home or e-mail me unless it is a critical emergency. Calls may be made at any time to my office telephone and my voice mail will record the message if I am not available. I will then return your call as soon as possible.
LEGAL ADVICE: I am unable to give students legal advice since I am not bonded. A student may, however, contact Linda Cates, the free attorney for Baylor students, at (254) 710-3586, and obtain advice from her.
PRE-REQUISITE: Students must earn a C or better in any business class that is a pre-requisite for another business class.
Email me at:
Blume Wing, Accounting Suite 120, Room 135